According to WHO reports one in six people above sixty have experienced some form of elderly abuse in community settings. People globally observe the 15th of June as the Day Against Abuse of the Elderly to prevent elderly abuse and mistreatment, as well as raise awareness among society to take care, protect rights, and promote the well-being of the vulnerable.
With this article, let’s look at the importance of this day and how PAJ GPS trackers for the elderly can be a boon for their safety and well being particularly for those suffering from dementia.
Understanding Elderly Abuse
Millions of seniors each year go through physical injuries and severe psychological and emotional traumas.
These are abuse in forms of mistreatment, including physical, emotional, financial, and sexual abuse, as well as neglect and abandonment.
The growing elderly abuse is a harsh reality, and if we examine the reports, we will realize that caregivers, family members, or acquaintances mostly perpetrate these abuses, which is saddening. Additionally, it is important to note that many of these abuses go unreported
How Can PAJ GPS Trackers For Elders Help
- To ensure the protection and safeguarding of senior citizens, including those suffering from dementia, wearing PAJ GPS trackers presents an effective solution. These trackers employ advanced GPS technology to enable caregivers or loved ones to monitor their whereabouts in real-time. Caregivers or loved ones can easily track the seniors’ live location all the time, with the use of lightweight GPS trackers that seniors can conveniently wear.
- Special features of PAJ GPS trackers are its help buttons, geo-fencing capabilities, and live tracking. When an emergency situation arises, individuals can press a help button and send an immediate alert message to a designated contact Geo-fencing helps caregivers to set virtual boundaries, so that when an elderly person moves out of that set boundary they will receive notifications. This helps caregivers to know whether elderly are inside the safe zone. Live tracking helps to track the exact position of the elderly without any delay.
- These trackers not only enhance the safety of elderly individuals but also empower them to maintain their independence and freedom. Seniors can engage in outdoor activities, visit friends, or go for walks, knowing that their caregivers can locate them if needed. This newfound sense of independence contributes to their overall well-being and mental health.
- Reduce Caregivers responsibility: By making the elderly wear these trackers, caregivers can lower their responsibility by remotely monitoring them instead of needing to be with them at all times. In case of emergencies, caregivers can provide assistance promptly.This helps reduce caregivers stress and anxiety associated with caregiving responsibilities. In reality this technology offers peace of mind to both caregivers and elderly individuals, fostering a better quality of life for everyone involved.
- Great Help for elders with dementia: Many elderly individuals experience the serious health problem of dementia, which causes a decline in cognitive abilities, memory loss, and difficulties in performing daily activities. Unfortunately, these challenges often result in the neglect or increased abuse. PAJ GPS trackers actively ensure a simple solution for ensuring the safety of these elderly individuals and preventing them from getting lost.
Elderly abuse is a serious issue within our society and needs immediate attention. It’s our collective responsibility to prevent and take care of them. The Day Against Abuse of the Elderly serves as a reminder for society to protect and advocate for the rights of our senior citizens.
Using PAJ GPS trackers for the elderly play a crucial role in ensuring their safety and empowering them with freedom and hope and stop elderly abuse from happening.
By embracing technological advancements like GPS trackers, we can create a safer environment for elderly individuals, especially those living with dementia. PAJ GPS trackers provide peace of mind to both caregivers and seniors, offering real-time tracking, emergency alerts, and various features designed to enhance safety and independence.