Type of business that uses fleet tracking system.
Business has unique operational model that help them thrive on the ever-growing market. Whether it is crucial for businesses to identify the revenue points. This realization often happens during the growth and expansion of the company. One such revenue point for businesses is managing the fleets for better and optimal performance. Fleet tracking systems are used for business that have transportation of goods and services on daily basis. One can easily identify whether managing the company vehicles do good for the business by asking two questions.
- How important is the transportation and logistics in the company?
- Does it directly impact the revenue of the company when logistics don’t follow the time and the route specified?
Common business that involves fleet management are parcel delivery businesses, online food and service delivery business and car and scooter rental businesses.
Identifying the revenue generating point in a business that involve fleet management.
It is important to know how business that uses GPS fleet tracking to improve their performance. By using a fleet tracking system one can monitor different aspects of the fleets such as
- Speed of the individual vehicle: It is a tough task to monitor speed of every vehicle to ensure no one is in the danger of over speeding. But using the tracker devices, an alert can be configured to know whether any of the vehicle is over speeding without prior approval. This will reduce the cost of vehicle maintenance and other unwanted expenditures.
- Distance travelled: In this, the fleet manager will get the distance covered by the fleets during the day or in a specific time frame. This is important as time management and on-time delivery is paramount to any businesses. From this the fleet manager can ensure that the fleets are travelling stipulated distance and everything on schedule.
- Runing time v/s Resting time: Driver need rest in between the trips but unexpected delay is always a headache. Avoiding such nonproductive resting time will be a game changer for the business. Fleet manager will always try to avoid such bottlenecks by providing additional support and thereby increasing the profit.
Fuel consumption: Fuel expenditure is growing rapidly as part of inflation. There are a lot of strategies to reduce the fuel consumption. For example, if a trip would result in a high fuel consumption expense but the profit from this trip is low then it is time for to think about other options. Fleet tracking dashboards are good source for deducing such insights.
As per Link Labs Fleet tracking help to optimize the routes and reduce the fuel consumption and there by improving overall operational efficiency.
Route history and logbook for business fleet management
Logbook inside the PAJ Finder portal is where you will find all the individual trips. This route history will be stored in the server for 365 days starting from the day of recording it. The logbook designed in such a way that it will help the businesses to get useful insights from the past trips. Here the trips can be grouped based on vehicle, driver and date range. The data is kept in such a way that one could process it for better understanding performance. Along with other useful tools of fleet trackers, Logbook has its unique application for businesses.
Fleet tracker from PAJ also provide alerts such as speeding alert, vibrational alert, battery alerts and Geo location alerts. Also, the different types of tracking dashboards to analyze the performance of the fleets.
What you should be looking for in a fleet tracking solution
GPS Fleet tracking is bit more complex than regular car tracking. The data in fleet tracking systems are high compared to a single vehicle tracking. So, the software should have the power to process large data in a fast pace.
The connectivity of trackers is another important aspect when choosing a fleet tracker. There may be cross boarder trips and trips through regions where there is low cell phone connectivity. A fleet tracking system should work above all these adverse situations so that the drivers are always in contact with the fleet managers.
The route data and driver information are sensitive when it comes to a business. SO, there should be measures for proper data protection.
Device set and architecture is another important factor. Device should withstand extreme weather conditions and should always perform the duty.